This is my first culinary experiment with fruit soup – and I am thrilled with my venture & outcome. Talk about simple. And healthy! And completely RAW. It offers you a nice taste of sweetness at the end of the day (or any time!) to satisfy that craving without eating processed sugar. Chill the soup before eating it – the colder the better – especially when the temperature rises outside. Top it with fresh fruit – I used blueberries for lower sugar content – and shredded coconut.
Let’s chat about culinary lavender. I purchased my bag at a well known spice store downtown Saugatuck – the Spice Merchants. I use it in baking because it lends a beautiful floral flavor that is very distinct. Because of the strong flavor of lavender, a little goes a long way. Too much and it’s like you are eating perfume:-) 1/2 teaspoon is nice in this soup – but a tad more may be better for you – experiment – but with caution.
So now when I enter the grocery store and am bombarded with rows of gorgeous melons, I know exactly what to do with them – besides cutting them up and eating plain. Toss in a blender with pure coconut water, lime juice, & lavender – Chill and enjoy pure melon soup! What a beautiful thing. Every day is a new possibility!
- 1 large ripe melon, chopped small
- ¾ cup pure coconut water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly squeezed
- ½ teaspoon culinary lavender
- Blueberries, shredded coconut, and mint leaves for garnish
- Other topping options: black sesame seeds, hemp seeds, coconut whip cream, cacao nibs
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve chilled and top with blueberries, coconut, and mint leaves.