These are seriously one of the finest chocolate chip cookies that have ever passed by my lips. If you are looking for an easy chocolate chip cookie with incredible flavor, texture, and healthy ingredients – look no further! Thank you to Rachel at Bakerita for the original recipe. (You know I must modify).
These easy chocolate chip cookies are crispy on the outside, chewy in the middle and full of healthy ingredients. Wholesome almond meal is the alternative to processed flour, coconut oil replaces butter, orange extract instead of vanilla, dark chocolate instead of its sweeter sister semi-sweet, and a dose of walnuts for your Omega-3 fatty acids.
I hope you enjoy these easy and super delicious cookies as much as we do – consider doubling the recipe – they are just that good!
Blessings and sweet cooking to you!
- ½ cup coconut oil, room temperature
- ¾ cup coconut sugar or light brown sugar (I used brown sugar)
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2¼ cups (9 oz.) almond flour
- 3 ounces chopped dark chocolate
- 3 ounces walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Beat together the coconut oil and sugar until smooth. Add the egg and orange extract and mix until smooth.
- Add the almond flour, salt, and baking soda to the wet ingredients. Mix until well incorporated. Fold in the chopped chocolate and walnuts. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour (can prepare up to 48 hours ahead of time).
- After refrigerating, use a cookie scoop or spoon to form cookies and press down slightly. Bake for 15-20 minutes or just beginning to turn golden brown around the edges.