Here is another dinner salad – a meal in a bowl fit for hungry dinner tummies. One look outside and I am convinced that summer is not done…yet. The sun is shining brightly today and the windows are slightly open so I absolutely had to get out on my deck one more time and grill up these beautiful summer veggies, combine them with hearty, curly kale and Caesar dressing (simplify by using this delicious bottled dressing). I must praise the greatness of Cardini’s The Original Caesar Dressing – absolutely wonderful flavor – must try!!! Crank open a can of red beans, mix in a handful of salted & roasted sunflower seeds, the sweetness of fresh corn, and these gorgeous grilled veggies on the side. So delicious. Enjoy with a slice of toasted Ezekial bread with a few slices of raw cheddar cheese and dinner is ready. Get outside, pour a glass of wine and start grilling. What a great way to end a spectacular September evening.
Seriously, I could drink this dressing!
- 1 bunch curly kale - washed well and chopped small
- ½ jalapeno pepper, diced small
- ¼ cup salted & roasted sunflower seeds
- ½ cup canned red beans
- ½ cup Cardini's Original Caesar dressing
- 1 large zucchini - ends trimmed, sliced into thick full length pieces
- 2 ears fresh sweet corn, husked
- 1 red pepper, cut into 2" pieces
- olive oil
- Preheat grill to high
- Brush the sweet corn with olive oil and grill for about 15 minutes, turning often until nice and charred
- Brush the zucchini and red pepper with olive oil and season with salt. Place on grill and cook for about half the time as the corn, turning often with a tongs until charred. Slice peppers into strips. Sprinkle veggies with juice of lime
- Set corn aside until cool enough to remove from the cob
- In a large bowl, mix the kale, jalapeno, sunflower seeds, sweet corn, red beans, and dressing. Toss well.
- Serve the warm zucchini and red pepper on the side of the salad and pass more Caesar dressing at the table.