This quick and easy recipe for Fiesta Pasta Salad is so much fun to make AND eat! I love it because it is so Festive…doesn’t it just make you happy looking at it? And what a great vegetarian pasta salad to bring to a Labor Day picnic! If I had a picnic to go to, this would be my choice.
Not only is it a beautiful rainbow of colors, but it is overflowing with healthy ingredients too. Gluten-free brown rice noodles, fiber rich black beans, yellow pepper, red tomato, yellow summer sweet corn, salty olives, red onion, and fresh cilantro come together with a quick spicy dressing of organic sour cream, and store-bought green salsa. Finish it with freshly squeezed lime juice, salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of chili powder and you have yourself a whole lot of happy in one bowl.
The pasta I used in this Fiesta Pasta Salad recipe is a gluten-free brown rice elbow pasta called Tinkyada. You seriously would not know it was gluten-free. It has the same texture as white flour pasta and does not get mushy like some other GF pastas. Give it a try…guilt-free pasta is a good thing!
I used the following short-cuts: You know I love a good short-cut!!
- For the Dressing – One part organic sour cream to two parts Herdez green salsa – to keep the Mexican fiesta theme going strong! It is super easy and the perfect flavors to finish this fresh salad. **Note: substitute non-dairy sour cream to make this vegan
- Canned low-sodium black beans
- Frozen organic sweet corn
Cutting up the vegetables takes very little time…no more than any salad and in the process you get to admire these gorgeous summer colors. What a blessing!
Happy cooking to you.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice elbow pasta - I used Tinkyada
- 1 cup cooked black beans - I used a low-sodium canned bean, rinsed well
- ½ cup diced yellow pepper
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped green olive
- 1 cup sweet corn - I used a frozen organic corn
- 1 medium diced red tomato
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- ½ cup green Herdez salsa
- ¼ cup organic sour cream or non-dairy sour cream for vegan
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Lime juice, salt, and pepper to taste
- Cook the brown rice pasta, drain, and rinse well with cold water
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and salsa
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, beans, pepper, red onion, olive, corn, tomato, and cilantro. Mix in the dressing and toss well. Finish it with lime juice, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste.