This is a super quick and healthy vegetarian dessert recipe slightly modified from Sarah’s Peachy Keen Raw Cobbler at My New Roots. I served this simple peach cobbler last summer at a party I catered and the guests (who are NOT health nuts at all!) really enjoyed it as a wholesome finish to their otherwise extravagent dinner party. However; this also makes a wonderful conclusion to a full vegetarian meal too.
What I love about it:
Quick and Convenient – my kind of cooking!!! (I am truly a lazy chef)
It is completely Raw – so no heating up the house.
It is totally Fresh and Seasonal – Summer loving all the way – I purchased my fruit from the local Farmer’s Market – added bonus!
It is overflowing with healthy nuts which I adore for clean protein.
Dates are a healthy alternative to sugar – and they provide that needed sticky quality to bind the topping together.
One could even be persuaded to eat a bowl of this simple peach cobbler for breakfast topped with a bit of low-fat Greek yogurt – won’t take much persuasion here! You will most likely have leftovers unless you serve it to a large group or your family goes hog wild the first time around.
Summer food in all it’s glory – Get yourself outdoors and enjoy it while it’s still in full force. Blessings friends and happy cooking to you.
- 7 ripe peaches
- ¾ cup blueberries
- 4 soft dates, soaked
- juice of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon good quality vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon (or less) chinese five spice powder or cinnamon
- ¾ cup almonds
- ¾ cup pecans
- ¾ cup soft dates
- Wash and cut 4 peaches into bite size pieces. Combine with blueberries and place into a pie dish
- Wash and cut remaining 3 peaches and place in food processor along with vanilla, lemon and spice powder. Process until smooth.
- Pour filling over peaches & blueberries and gently mix
- Rinse food processor and add the topping ingredients. Pulse into a crumble and sprinkle over fruit.
- Let set in the frig for at least an hour to set
- Share with friends and/or family. Bless summer!