Welcome and happy day! I have another quick, delicious vegetarian recipe for you today. This is a perfect raw appetizer to begin any vegetarian meal or to spread on healthy bread topped with vegetables for a light vegetarian sandwich.
This vegetarian pate is super healthy, full of life energy, very easy to prepare and the perfect spread for a lunch sandwich or mid afternoon snack with vegetables – also good stuffed in a tomato or pepper! The addition of carrots lends it sweetness. And the turmeric and ginger – add wonderful medicinal qualities. If you are a planner (confession – I am not), do soak the almonds in advance of preparing this pate. Soaking nuts, seeds, grains or beans releases enzyme inhibitors, allowing the sprouting process to occur. This is said to activate the life force in the food. Take your time when processing – get it nice and smooth breaking down the carrots & almonds.
SHORTCUTS: Remember friends, my kitchen mantra is Convenient + Healthy = A Healthy Compromise. If the convenient factor is missing, we simply won’t stick with anything in the long term. I choose healthy, lightly processed prepackaged foods and add on the fresh element saving me time and getting me in and out of the kitchen quicker.
- Use a microplaner to grate the ginger
- Choose bottled lemon juice over freshly squeezed
- Skip soaking the almonds. Buy Raw and organic if you can afford it
Thanks for visiting – I hope you enjoy this quick vegetarian pate – please comment below with any feedback. Blessings to you for a joyous week.
- 1 cup soaked almonds (directions for soaking below) or regular (non-soaked) almonds
- 1 cup carrots, chopped (not necessary to peel carrots)
- 2½ tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh or bottles is fine)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated on a microplane - huge time saver
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon shoyu or soy sauce
- Sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Garnish: Hemp seeds or Black sesame seeds
- If you are soaking the nuts: Rinse the almonds well in a strainer and then place in a bowl or jar with water well above the nuts - to allow room for growth. Soak for 8 hours. Rinse and drain well.
- Place pate ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth, scraping sides often. Be patient - you want it nice and smooth!
- Transfer to a bowl and garnish with hemp or black sesame seeds.